The latest information on Oliver's inquest proceedings.
Any media enquiries relating to Oliver's criminal case or
inquest can be made to our legal representatives at Leigh Day email@example.com or on 07498 250840.
09/11/23 - Oliver's Inquest
Following the initial pre-inquest review on 05/08/23, the Coroner has now set out a timeline leading upto the main Inquest. The Coroner seeks further evidence from the police, statements still not provided by nursery staff and to make contact with the now named interested parties involved in Oliver's death.
A third pre-inquest review will now take place on Monday 22nd April 2024 at 10am at Oakwood House, Oakwood Rd, Maidstone ME16 8AE
Followed by the main Inquest which will run for two weeks, starting Monday 13th May 2024 at Oakwood House, Oakwood Rd, Maidstone ME16 8AE
05/08/23 - Oliver's Inquest
Following the initial pre-inquest review on 04/08/23, the Coroner now seeks to gain further evidence and statements from various regulatory bodies, the police and further statements. A second pre-inquest review will now take place on;
Thursday 9th November 2023 at 10am at Oakwood House, Oakwood Rd, Maidstone ME16 8AE
Scope of the Inquest / Reg 28 Issues
• Medical Background and review of Oliver’s developmental stage regarding feeding.
• Review of Jelly Beans Nursery set up, staff and qualifications of staff, specifically relating to paediatric first aid, and also looking at child/practitioner ratios on 23rd September 2021. Review of feeding process and responsibility for cutting up food.
• Events of 23rd September 2021 reviewing how Oliver was that day, timeline of events leading up to feeding of lunch and review of feeding, what was fed and how, and the choking episode.
• Review of steps taken by the nursery staff when it became apparent that Oliver was choking
• Arrival of Paramedics and transfer of Oliver to Evelina Hospital
• Review of care and treatment provided to Oliver at Evelina Hospital with review of the Bronchoscopy procedures undertaken and what was found.
• Medical cause of death.
Zoe and I welcome all media to attend. Any media enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07498 250840.
31/07/23 - Oliver's Inquest
Following the death of Oliver at the Jellybeans Nursery in September 2021, his pre-inquest review is now scheduled;
Oliver's pre-inquest review hearing will now be taking place on Friday 4th August 2023 at 10am at County Hall, Sessions House, Week Street, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ.
Zoe and I welcome all media to attend.